Very Old one…but ever refreshing!!
Once a Hyderabadi, Always a Hyderabadi.. .
1. Your address reads as 23-404-32/67A- 43 (New MCH number
56-678/4A/B- 22),while you actually live in the second house beside zamzam
cafe in lane behind Anand Theatre on SP Road.
2. You end up buying only a salwar kameez, whether it is a theatre
Workshop, food mela, consumer expo, designer jewellery show, science show
or an automobile convention.
3. Your street has at least one roadside mobile hotel that serves
Chinese delicacies such as ?Vegetable soft needles”, “Navrotten Kurma”,
“Chicken Manchewurea” or “American Chompsee”.
4. Your answer is ‘seedha chale jao’when somebody asks you for
Directions, whether it is to Malakpet, Masab Tank, Malkajgiri or Moosapet.
5. You come across tailors sporting the board: ‘Immidiot delivery in two days onli’.
6.You can speak Hindi, Urdu, hyderabadi hinglish, except Telugu, fluently.
7.You ask the waiter to get you some ‘Aam ka achaar’even if you are
sitting at a lavish continental banquet dinner with exotic Chinese,
Mexican, Italian and Lebanese cuisines.
8. You order for ateajust after having had Caramel custard.
9. You have at least one Srinivas, Prasad, Raju, Rao or Venkatesh
within six square feet.OR you have at least one cousin, friend, and colleague
or acquaintance with these names.
10. You have at least one cousin, friend, colleague or acquaintancein the US in software.
11. Every time somebody gives you a piece of good news, the first thing
you ask them is ‘Party kab hain?’
12. Refer to any past as ‘parso’, be it yesterday or long before three hundred years.
13. You call 11 AM as subah subah.
14. You label your boss as ‘Dimakh Kharab’
15. And it doesn’t matter where in the “Gulf/middle east” you are
leaving you always tell you are going to “Dubai “.(I know of one family who
still keep telling everyone their son is in “uno Dubai mein hai”but he
is physically in Yemen for the past 5 years. J]
16. You are 15 minutes late and you feel you are on time.
17. You look at the fixed price stand and still ask ‘dene ka bolo’
18. If you do not eat rice at least once a day you will die.(Nothing
other than Rice is considered as a meal)
19. You feel offended by someone looking at you (Kaiku ghoor raa be?)
20. You think you are a born shayer and use some typical filmi batein
in stylish urdu and crack some romantic jokes.
21. While someone does the above, you say to yourself ‘chubbe saale
,mooh dekh aaine mein, tere ku kaun pat thi, pataaney waala tho main hi hoon’
22. You can say the typical “Light le le baap”and be cool without analyzing what the situation is.
23. You feel its legal and your Nizami birth right to show your hand
and stop the traffic (better than a traffic police) while you cross the
road whenever and wherever you like.
24. You can hang out in a Irani cafe the whole day after ordering one
cup tea and a empty saucer for yourself and your dear friend and you
chat like thats the last day with each other.
25. You eat Paradise Biryani or bawarchi Biryaniatleast once in a month
26. You go to the Petrol Bunk and say “Panch Point Single Oil maaro
yaaro”and hand over 15 bucks.
27. You can relate the words ‘Nakko’, ‘Hou’ ‘Kaiku’ ,’hallu’and make
these the integral part of your vocabulary.
28. You tell your friend that you will ‘just come back’ (“abbhi aathu
mein”)and your friend knows that either you will take a couple of hours
or not come back at all.
29. You end up watching every movie you come across, and end up saying
oh! that was good , but it could be better if it was made that way
30. You are reading this and secretly admitting that you are, after
all, a true blue Hyderabadi [J] You know one thing….. Once a Hyderabadi,
always a Hyderabadi.. . and you will forward this site for sure to
Hyderabadis … since only they can relate to it.